Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sad Result, A long Bike Ride and turbulence!!!! A day of mixed emotions!!

Today was the birthday of my "mystery girl".......  it hardly makes a difference... but still.. somehow i thought today should be a bit special.

 but as murphy has stated... if something has to go wrong. it will!!! 

I got my results yesterday... and they were crappy... My friend had told my result so i went to college today to check them out again. Somehow u always want to see the result urself to believe it.

Therefore in the morning i went to college on my new bike!! That was the only nice part of the day.... lonnnnnnnnng bike ride...

I saw my result.. It read a shitty 6.2 only 0.2 greater than last sem. It was depressing and frankly speaking i felt very bad about it... more than wht i generally am...

Scoring low can become a habit i feel.. I mean it can happen due to bad luck... or u just lose confidence in ur abilities. No matter what u do.... u just dont score...  I always used to wonder why kids in my class are stuck on 60 odd % .. in school days haan... that time when i was scoring pretty decent marks it never struck my mind what they must be going through..

Probably now i realise what they must have felt. What they must have been going through....

Once u score less u become kind of an outcast... more than the people discriminating against u.... its U urself who discriminates... U dont feel proper to hang out with people who score marks much more than u...and u tend to find solace amongst people who score the same marks as u do .. people try to cheer u up.... they tell u set realistic targets and try to achieve them... even i had done such things in school... telling a 60% guy that set a target of 65 or 70%  and work towards it...

Thats bullshit u know..... coz it wont help....... it doesnt help... u end up scoring 60% only if u set ur sights on 70%........ if u believe in urselfgo for 90%... aim for the top..... i mean come on.... what the harm in doing so...... "if u aim for the stars..... u will reach the topmost peak"..... "U R the BEST UNLESS PROVEN OTHERWISE!!!"

most of the times it happens that u fall badly on the ground or are time and again proven that u are not the best...... but things happen and u have to move on

And if u have to move on u should move on with a positive intent...... JUST ASSUME THAT U R THE BEST!!!! 

This is the most confusing post i have written and i dont know wht it looks like... its just that i am taking out the day's frustration out here. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

u noe wat i seriously kno wat it feels lyk to b in this mood..i had gone thru this in my 2nd sem(many 4m our batch suffrd)...the even sem thing...hostel lyf n many other things put togethr had screwd my scores....6!!!!
well in my case my dad helped me a lot...evn hes an electrical engineer n he planned out stuff 4 me...the only thing i had in my mind was "i m not gettin a 6 again...no way...i vil aim 4 9(as u said hw does it matr newy...set higher goals...)i did..i tried...reachd 8.4...atleast nw i m not undr the misconception dat m dumb...
so basically itz just dat u gotta giv urself a jerk...wake up..this has 2 stop..n dont think AT ALL about the previous results...think bout wat wer u in ur school dez...n go 4 it...all the best!!!!
n v all noe this senior of ours is actually brilliant not only in studiez but many many other things...cheers!!!;)

Advait said...

niceeee congrats

Gaurav Tārkar said...

the only place where consistency sucks is your marks. when i get marks less than my last record, i feel agitated but don't lose my cool. but when i maintained the same marks for y first 3 sems, i was even more pissed off as if somebody had challenged my character. :O Freaking consistency! :x

priya amrute said...

dunno why but i feel like saying i know how u feel.........now dont say u've never been through this.....so what???.......being ur bestest buddy i know wat ur going thru.......or were going thru(at the time you posted this)......
i have told you a hundred times an i'l tell u once again that i'l seriously pray for that one good result of yours, which will restore your faith and spirit......

Advait said...

praying is the last resort i guess

Prasad Vaidya said...

patki.............your post reflects my feelings so well.......but the worst part is that i had got 8.3 once in engineering and then i tumbled!!!!!!!!!
now we have only 2 sems to sdo anything we can......

Ameya H Vaidya said...

hmmmmm...i can understand the (e)motions u went thru....

mera bhi kuch aisa hi haal hain....it doesnt help when u r the lowest in ur group.......and i am probably the lowest in the entire class...

the nadir of my academics but then i am forgetting my IIT :p

i dont know about my case but i can say for you...6 or 8 or 10 will in the long run make no difference...u will outshine others because of ur other qualities....
starting with this perspicacious blogging ....All the Best and God Bless

Advait said...

thanks ameya