Friday, September 19, 2008

A FEELING

Now if its my blog then there surely has to be a post on ENTHUSIA. So here it goes…


Enthusia…. The time of the year which brings me the most joy and transforms me into something different. It is the annual sports fest of VJTI. As I just love sports and am passionate about any institution or team that I represent, enthusia is the time which brings a lot of joy and excitement for me. In my first year I had worked as a reporter for our daily newsletter and played a few games namely football and basketball. That year my department, electrical dept, had performed decently well but still we finished in the 5th place which came as a shock for me coz I thought we should have finished in a better position. So I met our department head and asked him wht went wrong. He told me that our department did very well in the boy’s sports but we lost out on the girl’s events, which was very true as I didn’t see any of the electrical girls go on the stage to collect any award. It was in that year only that I decided that I will be the department head for our department next year. 


The duty of department head involves the job of getting all the selections for the teams done, making sure that the teams report on the venue , etc etc  in short “bahut katkat kaa kaam reheta hai “ was wht my GS told me when I told him that I want to be the DH. He had offered me other posts like sponsorship manager or infra …. But I told him that I wanted to do this thing only.. so it was done then . I did work as a Publicity manager but also did the work of a Department Head.

 

So the first and the foremost thing that I had to do was get all the girls teams together. And I thank god that I got a very good batch of juniors where in there were many good athletes. Girls and boys both. So there was no question of boys team for any event. Now the girls from the first year were very enthusiastic about the whole thing…. And they were very co-operative. They practiced and practiced and practiced. It took a lot to convince them. Few of them used to get mood swings and used to complain sumtimes ( I am referring to some one with maggi noodles like hair… hehehehehe ….. just joking haan.. lol) … But no…. seriously on a serious note all of them, each and every one …. I can still name them all……. All of them contributed like hell. Some got hurt but the spirit never died… 


And so it was done ….. the trical girls team for almost all the sports consisted of the same set of players.. majorly the players were the same. And we did very well in team games.. won the KHO KHO gold with easy where in monica was just jogging her way to victory in kho kho.  The matches were highly one sided…. ( monica  is a national level kho kho player :D). We lost in the semis of basketball girls match but we had won the physical battle there [:D]…. Beat them…. Hehehe… and in the individual athletics…  welll I need not say anything… it was just electrical all the way… all we had to do is tell nikita and monica to runnn…. And we had medals… hehe.. 

The boys teams also performed well. Readers should not get an impression that boys team were not paid attention. The thing is in boys events there are fixed champions. Some teams are just toooo good to beat. And trical boys teams are well up with the best.

 

So the entire December and January I worked like hell as a DH and the results showed. Our department was undoubtedly the best after IT who finished 1st . But when the result cam out the tronics dept had just finished ahead of us. I  didn’t understand how because we were ahead of them till the last day. But then we all know that things can change in a day… so lets leave that. We finished in the third place, which was a biiig achievement. When Jasleen announced that trical dept had finished in the third place at that time all of us who were there erupted with joy and I was happy beyond words.


Finally in my life I got a feeling that I had achieved something. We went up the stage and I received the trophy. Funny thing was tht no one stopped me from doing it. I guess I had contributed in some way. J . when I got the trophy we all danced on stage and the feeling was exactly the same as the feeling which steven gerrard got when he lifted the champions trophy in Istanbul in 2005, when Iker Casillas lifted the euro 2008 trophy , and so on….. now whenever I see such and occasion I can relate to what they must be feeling because I myself have had that feeling of lifting a trophy and feeling on the top of the world. It is such a feeling which cannot be described.. u have to experience it … and for that u have to play some group game or any sport for that matter coz this feeling can come only through sports. Even if u get 99.99 percentile in cat or a perfect 10 pointer…. U wont be able to relate to this feeling…. Its just specially related with sports and u have to experience it to know wht it is.

 

I would once again thank all the athletes who played in enthusia 08 and who gave me the chance to experience this wonderful feeling. 

My weight reduced from 72 to 65 in that one month…… but every gram was worth it!!!!!!


10 comments:

Hardik Kothare said...

Three cheers for VJTI's Kabeer Khan...hehe...don't mind because I m referring to the character n not the actor...lol

Advait said...

lolzz yaa i know... hehee ... thanks

Ameya H Vaidya said...

Kabir Khan!!!!!!

He got gold...so start rubbing ur third place trophy and say...

Ye kya Kar rahe ho???

trophy ko ghis kar Gold me badalna chahta hoon!!!

Hardik Kothare said...

lol....this shows Ameya's dedication in seeing srk's movies

Advait said...

hahaha..... sure... but the trophy is gold plated.... lolz

SIDDHARTH TIWARI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SIDDHARTH TIWARI said...

teh boys team had individual champs who culdnt win da fball finals ...hahaha(u frgt 2 add dis )

Advait said...

yaa yaaa we all know that sid.... trical football team always loses in the finals.... we will change it this time round... dont worry

Unknown said...

oho wow.....mala tar mahitich navta COACH........:D

Unknown said...

oho,,,wow.mala tar mahitich navta electrical COACH........