Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mysterious girl!!!

Okay.. now i got a few compliments on my blog posts which were.... well how do i put it...a bit romantic in nature... so i decided to write another one of those. And this one being a personal experience... So here goes.

Now this year during our sports fest we had college from all over mumbai and maharastra coming to participate. Now there was this certain girl from XYZ college whom i had taken a liking to. I first time saw her playing throw ball... Now all the guys watch throwball primarily for checking out girls... but in reality its a pretty nice game with a lot of complicated rules, which take a year or two to understand fully.
Now many people taunt me and make a joke out of the fact that i watch throwball matches and cheer my college/ department for the same..... well lets just day that those guys are Gay... There is no simpler explanation to that.

So getting back to Miss Beautiful... She was a very nice girl... Pretty face, fair , decently tall, silky soft brownish hair, cute face, light brown eyes, cute face, she even had little dark circles but even those looked great on her.... really awesome girl.

My friends who were the event heads could get me her name but didn't give me her number.. for the sake of secrecy lets call her the "mystery girl"... So my bad friends didn't give me her number... but i really didn't want that..
i was just happy to see her play....

So after the tournament got over for them , she went and that was the last of it.. I just hope to see her next year.... But it was not to be that way

Apparently a friend of mine from first year knew that girl pretty well. She told me that after a fortnight... Wat crap!!!! ... Idiot girl!!!! ... but none the less i was happy to know about my mystery girl.
So this girl happened to be from a big shot family.. Doesn't matter. Days passed like that only...

Now in march ... Almost 2 months later our neighbouring college had their sports fest.... Again the beacon of hope lit up for me.. So it was yesterday when i was playing football in my college, when my friend from first year told me that my mystery girl was there at the tournament and that their college had a match against our college.. ( she thought i was at home... so she msgd me just to tease me.. But i was there in the college...) So i ran after my football practice and instead of going home i decided to go to my neighbouring college.. i was damn hungry but i didn't eat anything. That time my focus was elsewhere. I went to our back gate as it was the shortest way... but it was closed.. (Damn it!!) There was no time and i didn't want to go all the way to the main gate and the circle the entire college.. So i just climbed our wall and jumped over it..... All this just to see my mystery girl....

Damn it.. That's so uncharacteristic of me... But i was doing this.. I went into that college and called up my best friend (he studies in that college).. He greeted me at the main gate and he perfectly knew why i was there... So he took me directly to the throwball court... And there she was!!!! It was such a relief to see her again... I felt nice and light.... our college team knew why i was there and the captain and a few senior players taunted me too.. But i wasn't really listening...

She still looked the same... I mean your looks don't change in two months but still it happens many a times with us that our second look at the person doesn't create the same kind of magic as the first look does... Here the magic was still intact..

After that i went to eat something... Then the match took place and our college surprisingly lost the match.. That was saddening..

So now it was time to leave and i had asked my first year friend for an introduction with my mystery girl..
But yesterday i was in no mood for that.

The reason being every time you have a crush on someone because of their awesome looks and you try to get to know them... following cases occur
1) You talk to her and you discover that her voice is very weird... at times its too nasal or too weird which makes you go "eeeeeeeeee!!!!!!"
2) If you do get to know her better then she just becomes your good friend and then the crush vanishes and you feel that you are better off as friends.
3) Sometimes the girl like you as a brother.... ( your heart cries out Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!)
4) The girl is too girly and a sentimental, irrational fool which changes the nice impression you had about her...
* sound of glass shattering *
5) If you are really lucky enough then that crush can turn into a true love

In my case generally cases 2 and 3 take place.... 5th case never happen in my case

But this time i didn't want any of the above cases (except 5th) to take place.. i was just content in seeing that sweet girl expressing joy on winning.

On my way back home my first year Friend told me that my mystery girl was an year older to me(*again sound of glass shattering*) and again i felt, like i have felt on countless occasions, "Damn it!!! i should have been born an year earlier...

My friend asked me "now what???... you didn't even talk to her or wait for an intro... plus she is an year older to you..... now what? "
I didn't explain any of the above cases to her....

i just told her , " Its her ( my mystery girl's) bad luck :P " ( now that characteristic of me) ....

So i didn't find out more about my mystery girl and i let that thing end then and there... but i found out one reassuring thing about myself.... I am awesome!!!!

PS: the last line is inspired from how i met your mother... and i know that barney stinson wont have any objection to that... BTW my mystery girls looks a bit like robin.... :D

PPS: She is not older than me.... :P 

21 comments:

priya amrute said...

hey...agreeable reasons to not to get to know "her" better...still i would say.take the initiative..Case 5 might just happen...!!!

Advait said...

its difficult.... so better to leave it

swami said...

Well i am not really in the business of commenting on other peoples blog nor do i care for anybody's dream ending agony,'sound of shattering glass',but well when u read advait writing about the 'mystery girl' it really makes me want to catch atleast one glimpse of this mystery....

Advait said...

yeahh!! i bet u would... lolzz

Ameya H Vaidya said...

well wunderful line about "second look sometimes doesn't hold the magic of the first"....its great it still lasted in ur case!

Well even i am tempted to see this Madonna who stole my friend's heart and all!

Dont worry patki...year older so what! next time we will go with preparation...guitar and all

Ameya H Vaidya said...

yes and i would like to add one more category to that list of 5...

6. Girl is great in all respects(nasal, tendency to cry, emotional stability, etc.) but she is frighteningly Desperate!!! I have had a few experiences of this kind in school and during junior college...so beware!!

Unknown said...

d mystery girl is just too lucky to have such a faithful fan....year older doesnt make any diff...case 5 might work in your favour...

Advait said...

thank u guys.... but this just in.... she isnt a year older.... i got the wrong info... hehehe.. she is of the same age....
thanks ameya for ur inputs... despo.... hmmmmmm

Unknown said...

abee....advait...if u really lyk sum1.....jus go ahead and talk...even if u make a fool outa urself,she might lyk u 4 dat....trust me u wudnt want 2 know later dat a guy way below her reach actually proposed 2 her and she says a dreadful YES...
PS:....life is strange....girls are stranger!!!!!

priyanka said...

let d mysterious girl remain a mystery... :P..coz dat wud make u of category 6 as mentioned by ameya ..hehe

Advait said...

dude i dont want to marry her..... please .... had i known her pretty well then i would have asked her out... the fact is i dont know her and probably may not know her either...

Advait said...

thanks priyanka..... tht was very thoughtful

M.J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M.J. said...

Even if you fall for an older girl in your future , go for it. I think its not always necessary for a guy to be older than the girl...Look at Demi and Ashton! They look great with each other! And so you will ...Infact I think an older girl will give your relationship an edge and a uniquness!

Unknown said...

hey im not a big fan of blogs cos i find it pointless to read bout what random ppl r doin everyday. that too in great detail (no offense to u)also, how does it matter if the girl's older? love knows no boundaries.. or age no? tho i seriously doubt that u wer in love :P.. tho all in all not a bad read i must say..

Advait said...

i am not in love and she isnt older than me...... thanks for reading it patiently :P

Pooja Mahimkar said...

tooo goood!
love this post. and yeah, barney rocks! :D

DeJaVu said...

hey advait! interesting description ;)

keep writing..

AJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AJ said...

hmmmm.....Mysterious girl.....good 1....I'm really not a big fan and follower of blogger or e1 blogs...rather not much interested too....but urs is a good 1, I must appreciate ur writing....good job!:)
Bacche, mera aashirwad hamesha tumhaare saath hain.....jaldahi tumhari saari icchaien puri hojayengi ;) :P
Let the case 5 be true soon wid some new crush!! Lolzzz :P

shadja said...

i conclude,u have solemnly admired her beauty till now...'nothing else'!!
this itself is case 7(redefining crush)..!!
from girls' perspective,they may receive -ve vibes from strangers-cum-initiaters!!
so let it be a pure feeling,without adding any odd element to it!!