Saturday, October 11, 2008

Things that we see everyday.....

Well, as my last post was much appreciated I have decided to continue with the same topic. Last time it was office romance and this time its going to be college romance. I have tried to capture two most common love cases u see on the campus. Again as I have mentioned before, the characters of this story are also imaginary but there is one change now. I have put myself in this story. So this is a story of we three friends- I , Shardul , and Animesh.

 

Three of us are pretty good friends and we got together in our engineering years only. They say that if u have common sorrows u can get along really well; it was very true in our case. All of us were the victims of doing Engineering in Mumbai University. Trust me… its hell!!! So it was a routine for us to do complete assignments and journals in the lectures.

One day we had 2 back to back lectures of mathematics. Now our professor was ummm… welll… in simple words a BIG SHOT!!! (Interpret it in the way u want :P). We never sat for her lectures but as out attendance was very low we had to sit. Now it was the very first time I had sat for a double lecture and believe me people, double lectures seem to go on forever. It’s horrible. Unfortunately, we did not have any journals to complete. We are really sincere that way. We complete everything in time. :P

 

So we had nothing to do and so we started discussing what all 20 yr old guys, who don’t have girlfriends and long to have one, do. We discussed about our love lives.

 

Shardul started first. He had a very depressing experience. Actually, all of us had depressing experiences but his was the most depressing.

 

There was this girl in the other branch with whom he used to come everyday in bus. They used to meet everyday and slowly they became friends. They were really good friends. Shardul was a very nice guy. Good looking, down to earth, humble, very simple in the way he led his life, rich, stylish, was the college football team captain, and had almost no negative points. The girl was also very simple, decent, and sweet and there was an aura of self-respect and dignity, which always surrounded her. If u looked at them, u would feel that they are a perfect match. However, their story was far from perfect. Shardul had known her for a year or so. They had become the best of friends and shared a great equation. Attraction was natural. So was love. If u know someone really well and if he/she is your best friend then u do tend to fall for that person. And it is my belief that being very good friends is a pre-requisite for falling in love. U just cannot fall in love with someone u, whom u don’t know well. So getting back to Shardul. He fell for her and he had told Animesh and me about it. However, one mistake he did was that he also told this to Mandar who was in that girl’s class. Now this mandar, I tell u, is an a******. This idiot and his group started openly teasing Shardul. The girl obviously didn’t like it and she had asked Shardul about it. He confessed about it to her and everything was in a disarray. Now she didn’t even gave it a thought, which she would have surely given had Shardul first told her. Everything was spoiled by one mindless idiot. Days passed after that. Shardul still had the same feelings for her. He told her that he doesn’t want relationship to start right now as these were their vital years to build a career. He told herthat he loved her and that’s all. But she refused and she even stopped talking to him because people had now started teasing her too. I told shardul to get out of it. But he said to me, “I love her and that is it. I know her. She knows me. Deep down inside we both know that we suit each other perfectly well. I know I can't make her love me; I can only let her know how much I care for her. I will wait.” I guess this is what they call truly, madly, deeply. He was a hopelessly in love and was like the boy who held on to the sand in his hand very tightly. He didn’t realize that the more tighter he held it, the more it slipped from his hand. I told him this. He understood what I said. But, that was his story.

It is still to reach an end (or beginning, I should say…. We should be optimistic)

Then I just checked my watch. Still one hour to go.. shucks!! Both, Shardul and me turned to Animesh. He got a bit scared. This guy is a enigma. In school days he used to be a geek and very studious boy. Books were his only love. Slowly, slowly  he started taking interest in other activities also and things other than books started occupying his mind. We asked him to tell his story.

 

His story was pretty short. He fell for a girl, with whom almost half of the college flirted. She too changed her boyfriends every month. Therefore, there was this startling contrast. On one hand there was Animesh, who happened to be a very simple “mama’s boy” and who was a one woman guy and on the other hand there was this girl who was well…. we all know what we call a girl who changes her boy friends every month and just uses them for her benefit. ( trying to keep my blog clean) I don’t mind the changing boyfriends part, but the worst thing was that she always saw her advantage. Once she knew that the guy wouldn’t be of any use, she would dump him. Therefore, to tell in simple words Animesh was “varan bhat” and she was a “biryani” gone sour. Animesh never confessed his feeling because he knew it was not worth it and that was the most promising part about him. He knew and he believed that he deserved better. We also told him the same thing, “ YOU DESERVE BETTER”. His feelings were genuine, but he realized that it was not worth it.

 

So this was his story. These two most common cases that u will find in your college life. Am I right?

 

Afterwards they both turned to me to hear my story. But at that time the lecture got over and I told them that I will tell them in the next maths lecture.

 

Fortunately / unfortunately / luckily / unluckily use whatever term u want……….. the next lecture got cancelled :P 

7 comments:

Ameya H Vaidya said...

hehe...

i think the last line was a taunt at me! Remember ur, nadkarni and my topic which did not reach a logical conclusion :P

anyway a lot of water has flown since then :D

Advait said...

no no ameya it wasnt a taunt for u.. but yes ur story is still remaining and nadya and I are waiting

Hardik Kothare said...

looks like we got something to do in a maths lecture!!! but sadly there won't be any more maths lectures.....no more maths!

Advait said...

lolzzz and any ways when do we sit for maths

Aditya Nadkarni said...

mitra....nice piece...an issue close 2 our heart....I wud have had my maths att 100% if we were 2discuss this every lec....still 3 sems remain....and u never know ppl will have many more new sagas to tell in double lecs 2 come....and i sincerely hope that i wud be there sharing something....(but ending d story on a brighter note ...hehe)....

priya amrute said...

yes yes..looks like your inputs for spicing up the maths lecture are going to be implemented soon...well i'm definitely looking forward to it!!

Advait said...

sure ... we will see